Information on COVID-19
At Westside Management, we keep the safety of our residents and staff as our top priority. In an effort to keep the residents at all of our properties safe, we have outlined some preventative measures those of us at WSM and you at home can take to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
What we are doing to help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Wearing of facemasks is required by staff when interacting with residents. This includes property managers, staff and maintenance crew entering a resident’s apartment.
- Virtual tours will continue to be offered. Please contact the property directly to set up a tour for our Saratoga Springs, NY apartment community.
- Clean and disinfect common spaces like elevators, clubhouses, and game rooms will be cleaned by staff regularly. Disinfectant spray will be provided for residents to use in shared common spaces.
- Maintenance requests that require staff to enter a resident’s apartment must follow certain protocols. Staff must use hand sanitizer before and after completing work. Social distancing must be practiced and disinfecting of all work surfaces must be completed before leaving the unit. Staff will also be required to wear face masks when in a resident’s apartment.
What you can do to help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20-30 seconds. This is especially important after being in a public place, blowing your nose or coughing. If you find yourself where there is no soap and water available use hand sanitizer with at least 60-70% alcohol. Make sure to cover your hands fully and rub them together until dry.
- Practice social distancing when in public. It’s recommended that you maintain at least 6-feet from those not in your immediate household. Keeping a larger distance is recommended for those at a higher risk of getting sick.
- Wear a face mask any time you are in public. You could spread COVID-19 and not even know you are sick. Face masks are meant to protect others in case you are infected. Keep in mind the mask is not a substitute for social distancing.
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces often. Common surfaces include tables, doorknobs, light switches, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, and sinks.
- Monitor your health and the health of your family. If you start to have symptoms of COVID-19 please refer to the CDC guidance on your next steps.
Please feel free to reach out to your property managers with questions or concerns about COVID-19 safety. We are continually reviewing and updating procedures based on the ever-changing guidelines set forth by New York State and the CDC. Please be patient as well all do our part to navigate the new normal.